Adarsh tainted babu defies govt, attends office
Mumbai: A defiant Ramanand Tiwari
continues to attend office despite Maharashtra government
recommending his suspension as state`s Information
Commissioner and barring him from remaining present in office
till the inquiry into Adarsh housing scam gets over.
"I continue to attend office as I have not got any
communication from the state government asking me not to
attend office," Tiwari, a retired IAS officer, whose son owns
a flat in Adarsh society, said.
Alleging "misconduct" by Tiwari in the Adarsh Housing
Society scam, the State cabinet had on January 11 recommended
his suspension to Governor K Sankaranarayanan.
Another retired IAS officer Subhash Lalla resigned as
member of the State Human Rights Commission last week. The
government had asked Tiwari to quit the post on moral grounds
but he defiantly rejected the suggestion and instead applied
for a three-month leave, which was turned down by Governor.
The cabinet recommended to the Governor to refer to
the Supreme Court the matter of misconduct by Tiwari, under
section 17 of the Right to Information Act. It also suggested
that Tiwari be suspended from the post and barred from
remaining present in office till the inquiry is on.
"For Tiwari to continue in office is not in the
interest of the state. We have submitted enough grounds to
take action against Tiwari and the Governor will send the
recommendation to the Supreme Court which will hold an inquiry
and decide whether to suspend him or terminate his services,"
Chavan had said after the cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what