Adarsh tainted babu defies govt, attends office
Mumbai: A defiant Ramanand Tiwari
continues to attend office despite Maharashtra government
recommending his suspension as state`s Information
Commissioner and barring him from remaining present in office
till the inquiry into Adarsh housing scam gets over.
"I continue to attend office as I have not got any
communication from the state government asking me not to
attend office," Tiwari, a retired IAS officer, whose son owns
a flat in Adarsh society, said.
Alleging "misconduct" by Tiwari in the Adarsh Housing
Society scam, the State cabinet had on January 11 recommended
his suspension to Governor K Sankaranarayanan.
Another retired IAS officer Subhash Lalla resigned as
member of the State Human Rights Commission last week. The
government had asked Tiwari to quit the post on moral grounds
but he defiantly rejected the suggestion and instead applied
for a three-month leave, which was turned down by Governor.
The cabinet recommended to the Governor to refer to
the Supreme Court the matter of misconduct by Tiwari, under
section 17 of the Right to Information Act. It also suggested
that Tiwari be suspended from the post and barred from
remaining present in office till the inquiry is on.
"For Tiwari to continue in office is not in the
interest of the state. We have submitted enough grounds to
take action against Tiwari and the Governor will send the
recommendation to the Supreme Court which will hold an inquiry
and decide whether to suspend him or terminate his services,"
Chavan had said after the cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing