Aditya Thackeray takes up cause of Thane tribals
Thane: Slamming Maharashtra`s Congress-
NCP government over deteriorating conditions of the tribals in
remote parts of the district, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray
on Saturday sought to know how the funds allotted for their welfare
were being used by the authorities.
"Where does the fund go? What is the government doing?
When there are so many departments for the development of
tribals then where is the money going?" he questioned.
He was speaking to reporters after visiting remote
tribal areas of Mokhada, Bhavse, Khoste and Jawhar.
The government officials have not reached these
places, where people, mostly tribals, are living under
pitiable condition. The officials need to know the miserable
condition of these people, Aditya maintained.
"It is shocking the government hasn`t seen this at
all. The villagers were complaining to me that the government
officials have not come here for a long time."
Villages like Bhavase, Mokhada and Khoste completely
lack basic infrastructure facilities like roads, drinking
water, power and healthcare services, he said.
Aditya, who heard the grievances of the villagers,
assured them that Yuva Sena, youth wing of Shiv Sena, will
take up these issues and try to improve their condition.
He accused the Democratic Front Government of
"wilfully" neglecting the tribals.
Asked by reporters if he was imitating Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, the young Sena leader replied
in the negative. "Not really, I don`t follow him. I believe
that like Rahul and me, the youth in the country should give
time for social service. I think that is the responsibility.
He appealed to the youth to vote in large number
Aditya also distributed quilts, biscuits and
chocolates to the villagers and their kids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!