Aditya Thackeray takes up cause of Thane tribals
Thane: Slamming Maharashtra`s Congress-
NCP government over deteriorating conditions of the tribals in
remote parts of the district, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray
on Saturday sought to know how the funds allotted for their welfare
were being used by the authorities.
"Where does the fund go? What is the government doing?
When there are so many departments for the development of
tribals then where is the money going?" he questioned.
He was speaking to reporters after visiting remote
tribal areas of Mokhada, Bhavse, Khoste and Jawhar.
The government officials have not reached these
places, where people, mostly tribals, are living under
pitiable condition. The officials need to know the miserable
condition of these people, Aditya maintained.
"It is shocking the government hasn`t seen this at
all. The villagers were complaining to me that the government
officials have not come here for a long time."
Villages like Bhavase, Mokhada and Khoste completely
lack basic infrastructure facilities like roads, drinking
water, power and healthcare services, he said.
Aditya, who heard the grievances of the villagers,
assured them that Yuva Sena, youth wing of Shiv Sena, will
take up these issues and try to improve their condition.
He accused the Democratic Front Government of
"wilfully" neglecting the tribals.
Asked by reporters if he was imitating Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, the young Sena leader replied
in the negative. "Not really, I don`t follow him. I believe
that like Rahul and me, the youth in the country should give
time for social service. I think that is the responsibility.
He appealed to the youth to vote in large number
Aditya also distributed quilts, biscuits and
chocolates to the villagers and their kids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi