Aditya Thackeray takes up cause of Thane tribals
Thane: Slamming Maharashtra`s Congress-
NCP government over deteriorating conditions of the tribals in
remote parts of the district, Yuva Sena chief Aditya Thackeray
on Saturday sought to know how the funds allotted for their welfare
were being used by the authorities.
"Where does the fund go? What is the government doing?
When there are so many departments for the development of
tribals then where is the money going?" he questioned.
He was speaking to reporters after visiting remote
tribal areas of Mokhada, Bhavse, Khoste and Jawhar.
The government officials have not reached these
places, where people, mostly tribals, are living under
pitiable condition. The officials need to know the miserable
condition of these people, Aditya maintained.
"It is shocking the government hasn`t seen this at
all. The villagers were complaining to me that the government
officials have not come here for a long time."
Villages like Bhavase, Mokhada and Khoste completely
lack basic infrastructure facilities like roads, drinking
water, power and healthcare services, he said.
Aditya, who heard the grievances of the villagers,
assured them that Yuva Sena, youth wing of Shiv Sena, will
take up these issues and try to improve their condition.
He accused the Democratic Front Government of
"wilfully" neglecting the tribals.
Asked by reporters if he was imitating Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, the young Sena leader replied
in the negative. "Not really, I don`t follow him. I believe
that like Rahul and me, the youth in the country should give
time for social service. I think that is the responsibility.
He appealed to the youth to vote in large number
Aditya also distributed quilts, biscuits and
chocolates to the villagers and their kids.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?