Aditya Thackeray`s security stepped up
Mumbai: After reviewing the security cover
provided to Aditya, grandson of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray,
police have further stepped up his security.
A top police official said on Sunday that the security of
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray`s son has been
beefed up, with deployment of additional security personnel.
A decision to this effect was taken after police held a
meeting, in which, protection provided to various VIPs,
builders and Bollywood stars was reviewed, the official said.
The Yuva Sena chief has already been provided `X`
category security, with an armed policeman deployed round the
"Two armed policemen will be with Thackeray round
the clock," the official said adding that, "The number of
policemen to protect Thackeray has been increased under the
same `X` category."
Aditya was recently in the news after his convoy was
overtaken by a motorcade of state Industries minister Narayan
Rane`s son, momentary blocking the former`s vehicle and
triggering tension in Worli in central Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional