Advani concerned over pollution in Ganga
Mumbai: Concerned over pollution in country`s rivers, including the sacred Ganga, BJP leader LK Advani has asked the chemical industry to find innovative and cost effective ways to stop environmental degradation.
"...When I think of the highly polluted condition of Ganga today, I wonder with immense sadness in my heart, why have we neglected and ill-treated our mother river like this?" Advani asked.
"Companies in the chemical industry should take a pledge to adopt strong anti-pollution measures," he said during a function here last night.
Many "enlightened" companies have already started doing so, he said, adding that "this must become your (chemical industry) national mission."
"Scientific research and development in chemistry and other related sciences should speedily find innovative and cost-effective ways to stop environmental degradation and to promote environmental regeneration," he said.
Time has come to integrate science, technology and material development with larger goals and ideals of human life, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why