Advani concerned over pollution in Ganga
Mumbai: Concerned over pollution in country`s rivers, including the sacred Ganga, BJP leader LK Advani has asked the chemical industry to find innovative and cost effective ways to stop environmental degradation.
"...When I think of the highly polluted condition of Ganga today, I wonder with immense sadness in my heart, why have we neglected and ill-treated our mother river like this?" Advani asked.
"Companies in the chemical industry should take a pledge to adopt strong anti-pollution measures," he said during a function here last night.
Many "enlightened" companies have already started doing so, he said, adding that "this must become your (chemical industry) national mission."
"Scientific research and development in chemistry and other related sciences should speedily find innovative and cost-effective ways to stop environmental degradation and to promote environmental regeneration," he said.
Time has come to integrate science, technology and material development with larger goals and ideals of human life, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi