Advani concerned over pollution in Ganga
Mumbai: Concerned over pollution in country`s rivers, including the sacred Ganga, BJP leader LK Advani has asked the chemical industry to find innovative and cost effective ways to stop environmental degradation.
"...When I think of the highly polluted condition of Ganga today, I wonder with immense sadness in my heart, why have we neglected and ill-treated our mother river like this?" Advani asked.
"Companies in the chemical industry should take a pledge to adopt strong anti-pollution measures," he said during a function here last night.
Many "enlightened" companies have already started doing so, he said, adding that "this must become your (chemical industry) national mission."
"Scientific research and development in chemistry and other related sciences should speedily find innovative and cost-effective ways to stop environmental degradation and to promote environmental regeneration," he said.
Time has come to integrate science, technology and material development with larger goals and ideals of human life, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand