Advocate arrested by Anti-extortion cell
Thane: A practicing advocate was arrested by
officials of Thane Anti Extortion Cell here for demanding and
accepting a ransom from a resident of Vitthalwadi, police said on Friday.
According to Senior Police Inspector DB Patil, the
advocate Ulhas More alias Bunty was trapped by team members
while accepting a ransom of Rs 2 lakh from the complainant
He said More approached Gourav Pagare, whose brother had
been arrested by the Vitthalwadi police in connection with an
offence and presently lodged in the jail. The Kalyan court is
presently hearing his bail application.
The advocate approached Pagares and made a demand of Rs.
10 lakh for getting bail for his brother and closing the
entire case once for all.
There after it was agreed that the entire issue would
be settled by paying a sum of Rs. 3.5 lakhs. And if this
amount is not paid the advocate threatened the Pagares of
dire consequences and said that he would rope in the entire
family in false cases.
He asked Pagare to get Rs 2 lakh to the office of
another advocate Bawiskar near the water tank in the Subash
Tekdi area and hand it over to him.
The threatening calls were recorded by Pagare which he
produced before the Vitthalwadi police station where a case
was registered on July 6. Officials Anti Extortion cell who
were in waiting at the specified spot next day at about 6.30
pm and trapped More accepting the ransom money of Rs 2 lakh,
the police said.
The officials of the Thane unit of the Anti Extortion
Cell are carrying out further investigations the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!