After local trains, Mumbai bus fares hiked
Mumbai: A day after hiking local train fares, the BEST public bus service, a lifeline for over 2.50 million in Mumbai, decided Monday to increase its minimum fare by 20 percent.
This would mean an additional Re.1 per ticket for a journey, progressively increasing depending on the distance travelled. BEST has a fleet of 4,500 buses of different categories.
All other categories of BEST tickets, including monthly season tickets, route-distance specific passes, magic passes, global express passes, air-conditioned buses and other categories, will also go up substantially.
On Sunday, Mumbai`s eight-million plus train commuters were burdened with a hike in fares, from Rs.4 to Rs.17 at the minimum and maximum distances covered by the suburban section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi