After local trains, Mumbai bus fares hiked
Mumbai: A day after hiking local train fares, the BEST public bus service, a lifeline for over 2.50 million in Mumbai, decided Monday to increase its minimum fare by 20 percent.
This would mean an additional Re.1 per ticket for a journey, progressively increasing depending on the distance travelled. BEST has a fleet of 4,500 buses of different categories.
All other categories of BEST tickets, including monthly season tickets, route-distance specific passes, magic passes, global express passes, air-conditioned buses and other categories, will also go up substantially.
On Sunday, Mumbai`s eight-million plus train commuters were burdened with a hike in fares, from Rs.4 to Rs.17 at the minimum and maximum distances covered by the suburban section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report