After local trains, Mumbai bus fares hiked
Mumbai: A day after hiking local train fares, the BEST public bus service, a lifeline for over 2.50 million in Mumbai, decided Monday to increase its minimum fare by 20 percent.
This would mean an additional Re.1 per ticket for a journey, progressively increasing depending on the distance travelled. BEST has a fleet of 4,500 buses of different categories.
All other categories of BEST tickets, including monthly season tickets, route-distance specific passes, magic passes, global express passes, air-conditioned buses and other categories, will also go up substantially.
On Sunday, Mumbai`s eight-million plus train commuters were burdened with a hike in fares, from Rs.4 to Rs.17 at the minimum and maximum distances covered by the suburban section.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!