After local trains, Mumbai bus fares hiked
Mumbai: A day after hiking local train fares, the BEST public bus service, a lifeline for over 2.50 million in Mumbai, decided Monday to increase its minimum fare by 20 percent.
This would mean an additional Re.1 per ticket for a journey, progressively increasing depending on the distance travelled. BEST has a fleet of 4,500 buses of different categories.
All other categories of BEST tickets, including monthly season tickets, route-distance specific passes, magic passes, global express passes, air-conditioned buses and other categories, will also go up substantially.
On Sunday, Mumbai`s eight-million plus train commuters were burdened with a hike in fares, from Rs.4 to Rs.17 at the minimum and maximum distances covered by the suburban section.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda