Aged woman, sons commit suicide
Nashik: Depressed over their health and financial problems,?a 72-year-old woman and her two sons, both in their fifties, allegedly committed suicide at their home in the city, police said on Friday.
Vijaya Gajanan Kale and her sons - Pramod (55) and Milind (52) - ended their lives by hanging themselves in their house at Purva apartments of Shingada-Talao locality.
Police said the three apparently took the extreme step two days back, but the matter came to light last evening when their neighbours complained of bad smell coming out of the house.
Later, police broke open the house and found the bodies hanging from the kitchen roof and adjacent room.
The three had been living in the apartment for the past six years after settling down here from Mumbai.
Though the exact reason behind their suicides was yet to be ascertained, police suspect that their illness and poor financial condition might have prompted them to take the extreme step.
Their neighbours told the police that the three did not interact with other residents of the society and were often seen ill.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love