Aged woman, sons commit suicide
Nashik: Depressed over their health and financial problems,?a 72-year-old woman and her two sons, both in their fifties, allegedly committed suicide at their home in the city, police said on Friday.
Vijaya Gajanan Kale and her sons - Pramod (55) and Milind (52) - ended their lives by hanging themselves in their house at Purva apartments of Shingada-Talao locality.
Police said the three apparently took the extreme step two days back, but the matter came to light last evening when their neighbours complained of bad smell coming out of the house.
Later, police broke open the house and found the bodies hanging from the kitchen roof and adjacent room.
The three had been living in the apartment for the past six years after settling down here from Mumbai.
Though the exact reason behind their suicides was yet to be ascertained, police suspect that their illness and poor financial condition might have prompted them to take the extreme step.
Their neighbours told the police that the three did not interact with other residents of the society and were often seen ill.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!