Ahead of LS polls, Pawar holds review meeting
Mumbai: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar Friday reviewed political situation in Maharashtra at a meeting here to discuss preparations for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister R R Patil were among those who attended the meeting, held at Ajit Pawar`s official residence at Malabar Hill here this evening.
NCP had contested 22 Lok Sabha seats out of the 48 in the state in 2009.
NCP spokesman said Pawar took stock of the situation in these constituencies. The meeting reviewed the local political scenarios, he added.
NCP is a part of UPA at the Centre, as well as of ruling Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra.
Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand