Ahead of LS polls, Pawar holds review meeting
Mumbai: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar Friday reviewed political situation in Maharashtra at a meeting here to discuss preparations for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister R R Patil were among those who attended the meeting, held at Ajit Pawar`s official residence at Malabar Hill here this evening.
NCP had contested 22 Lok Sabha seats out of the 48 in the state in 2009.
NCP spokesman said Pawar took stock of the situation in these constituencies. The meeting reviewed the local political scenarios, he added.
NCP is a part of UPA at the Centre, as well as of ruling Congress-led coalition in Maharashtra.
Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel, Lok Sabha member Supriya Sule, state NCP ministers and party MPs were also present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam