Ahead of Rahul Gandhi's interaction, Congress rehearses with Mumbai students to avoid Mount Carmel-like fiasco
Mumbai: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will on Saturday interact with management students of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Juhu-Vile Parle, here.
In a bid to avert the repeat of embarrassment the party had to face at Bengaluru's Mount Carmel College, the Congress on Friday did a detailed rehearsal with the Mumbai students to analyse "students' mind" and the questions they are likely to pose after Rahul Gandhi's session.
While interacting with students in Bengaluru, Rahul Gandhi's attempt to corner Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his projects like Make in India and Swachh Bharat had boomeranged, subjecting the Congress leader to ridicule at social media.
The hour-long rehearsal session took place under the guidance of Congress member Priyanka Chaturvedi.
Meanwhile, DNA quoted a final-year student as saying, "While we have not been asked to submit questions in advance, like the party did with the Bengaluru students, it wanted to know our questions in the name of capturing 'enthusiasm among the students for Gandhi'."
More than 400 students and 24 professors are expected to participate in the hour-long interaction scheduled at 9.30 am.
On the last day of his visit to Mumbai, Gandhi will embark on a road march (padyatra) along with hundreds of Congress workers from the posh upmarket Bandra to the wretched slums of Dharavi.
The Congress vice president arrived here on Thursday on his first visit to the city in 21 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing