AI buckles again, meets cabin crew`s demands
Mumbai: The management of ailing Air
India (AI) has given into yet another union, the All India
Cabin Crew Association (AICCA), and met their various long-
standing demands, mainly those related to timely promotion.
"The association met Executive Director for Operations
& Customer Services, and resolved various long-standing issues
of the cabin crew of both the carriers (AI and erstwhile
Indian Airlines)," AICCA General Secretary Sanjay Lazar said
in a release here on Tuesday.
The move will help 1,600 cabin crew members, he said.
AI Chairman and Managing Director Arvind Jadhav has
accepted the proposals following which an order to this effect
was issued by the Executive Director, Lazar said.
Early May, the AI management had agreed to some of the
demands of the pilots of the erstwhile Indian Airlines, who
went on a 10-day strike from April 27. The strike caused an
average daily loss of Rs 26 crore to the national carrier that
is sitting on a debt pile of nearly Rs 18,000 crore.
The AICCA`s demands included promotion of Grade 7 of
Air India cabin crew to Grade 10 and promotion of Grade 3-4
Indian Airlines crew to Grade 5-6, Lazar said and pointed out
that these demands were part of the 2008 merger agreement.
Following this, the court cases filed in this regard
would be withdrawn, Lazar said.
He claimed the cabin crew were the only section of the
32,000-strong AI employees who had been deprived of time-bound
promotions even though it had been approved by the board.
The AICCA stressed the need to urgently resolve the
time-bound promotion of 2010 and 2011 before implementing the
recommendations of the Dharmadhikari Committee, set up to go
into merger-related HR issues facing AI employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video