AI curtails flights due to cabin crew shortage
Mumbai: Air India has cancelled or
temporarily withdrawn as many as 12 flights from its domestic
and international network, which include services to Kabul and
Kuala Lumpur, due to shortage of cabin crew.
The now derecognised Air Corporation Employees Union
(ACEU) had in March threatened to strike work, demanding
recruitment of cabin crew in view of the manpower crunch.
"The airline has withdrawn as many as 12 flights across
its network due to persistent constraint of cabin crew,"
airline sources said here.
Manpower crunch was hitting flights operation badly as
frequent disruptions were being caused by non-availability of
cabin crew when flight slots demanded, they said.
"The airline has withdrawn its Delhi-Kabul-Delhi flight
IC-843/844 between June 12 and July 15 on account of this
shortage only," the sources said.
Besides, flight IC-955/956 Chennai-Kuala Lumpur-Chennai,
was operated only on June 19 and 20, while it would continue
to remain non-operational till July 15, they said.
At the same time, the Bangalore-Singapore-Bangalore
flight AI-444/445 has not been operating since June 14 and
would fly only after July 15.
The airline`s New Delhi-Kathmandu service has also been
temporarily withdrawn till July 15.
On the domestic network, while two flights on Delhi-
Mumbai-Delhi sector have been pulled out of the schedule, IC-
909 Trivandrum-Bangalore-Chennai-Trivandrum, IC-519 Cochin-
Chennai-Bangalore-Cochin and IC-519/520 Cochin-Bangalore-
Cochin would also not operate between June 11 and July 15, the
IC-163/164 Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai has been cancelled till July
15, they said.
In addition, it has deployed an Airbus A-319 instead of
Airbus A-320 (which has 30-40 seats more) to operate on the
Delhi-Ahmedabad-Delhi and Delhi-Mumbai sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees