AI curtails flights due to cabin crew shortage
Mumbai: Air India has cancelled or
temporarily withdrawn as many as 12 flights from its domestic
and international network, which include services to Kabul and
Kuala Lumpur, due to shortage of cabin crew.
The now derecognised Air Corporation Employees Union
(ACEU) had in March threatened to strike work, demanding
recruitment of cabin crew in view of the manpower crunch.
"The airline has withdrawn as many as 12 flights across
its network due to persistent constraint of cabin crew,"
airline sources said here.
Manpower crunch was hitting flights operation badly as
frequent disruptions were being caused by non-availability of
cabin crew when flight slots demanded, they said.
"The airline has withdrawn its Delhi-Kabul-Delhi flight
IC-843/844 between June 12 and July 15 on account of this
shortage only," the sources said.
Besides, flight IC-955/956 Chennai-Kuala Lumpur-Chennai,
was operated only on June 19 and 20, while it would continue
to remain non-operational till July 15, they said.
At the same time, the Bangalore-Singapore-Bangalore
flight AI-444/445 has not been operating since June 14 and
would fly only after July 15.
The airline`s New Delhi-Kathmandu service has also been
temporarily withdrawn till July 15.
On the domestic network, while two flights on Delhi-
Mumbai-Delhi sector have been pulled out of the schedule, IC-
909 Trivandrum-Bangalore-Chennai-Trivandrum, IC-519 Cochin-
Chennai-Bangalore-Cochin and IC-519/520 Cochin-Bangalore-
Cochin would also not operate between June 11 and July 15, the
IC-163/164 Mumbai-Goa-Mumbai has been cancelled till July
15, they said.
In addition, it has deployed an Airbus A-319 instead of
Airbus A-320 (which has 30-40 seats more) to operate on the
Delhi-Ahmedabad-Delhi and Delhi-Mumbai sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city