AI plane makes emergency landing in Mumbai
Mumbai: An Air India plane from Jeddah with 286 passengers and crew on board on Wednesday landed under emergency
conditions at the airport here following suspected hydraulic
failure, the second such incident in as many days involving
the state carrier.
All the passengers on the Jeddah-Mumbai flight were safe,
an airline spokesperson
"The AI-390 flight, carrying 286 people, including over
260 passengers, had to make a precautionary landing at the
Mumbai airport due to a suspected hydraulic failure at around
1345 hrs. All the passengers deplaned safely," the spokesperson said.
Though the airline described the incident as a
"precautionary" landing, a Mumbai airport spokesman said
emergency services were activated at the airport at 1258 hrs
and the Airbus 330 aircraft landed safely at 1348 hrs. The
alert was withdrawn at 1413 hrs.
The incident comes a day after an Air India plane with 123
passengers and crew landed under emergency conditions at the
Thiruvananthapuram airport after a minor defect was detected
in its hydraulic system.
On Monday, a Gulf Air plane with 137 passengers had
skidded off the runway and got stuck in the mud at Kochi
airport in bad weather, injuring seven passengers. The runway
at the international airport was closed for 10 hours and
aviation regulator DGCA has ordered an inquiry into the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation