AICCA demands pay parity, JPC into `corruption` in AI
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for the crippled Air
India management, the All India Cabin Crew Association on Thursday
demanded immediate implementation of the merger agreements,
including better pay and fixed flying hours, besides a JPC
into alleged corruption in the airline.
"We want a JPC probe into the rampant corruption running
at levels in the airline. We want a JPC to look into merger of
two carriers, questionable aircraft deals, transfer of
bilaterals and privatisation of Delhi and Mumbai airports
and land scams behind them," AICCA general secretary Sanjay
Lazar said here today.
"We support the pilots` demand for parity of emoluments
in both the carriers, as our cabin crew members in erstwhile
Indian Airlines are being discriminated against, and we demand
enhancement of our emoluments too, along with 80 hrs of
guaranteed flying allowance for all. All the AKA
agreements must also be made binding on them," he said.
However, Lazar said he is against the ongoing strike and
appealed to the pilots to call off their agitation, which
entered the ninth day today, immediately in the interest of
"The airline just cannot afford a strike now," Lazar
told PTI and stressed that their demand is not a strike
threat. "We are against striking work to meet our demands."
"The suspension of the bilateral agreements of crew is
both illegal and unwarranted, and we shall not stand by
silently but take legal recourse to remedy them," Lazar
said, adding that the association was "frustrated" as domestic
crew have not been paid their April salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow