AICCA demands pay parity, JPC into `corruption` in AI
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for the crippled Air
India management, the All India Cabin Crew Association on Thursday
demanded immediate implementation of the merger agreements,
including better pay and fixed flying hours, besides a JPC
into alleged corruption in the airline.
"We want a JPC probe into the rampant corruption running
at levels in the airline. We want a JPC to look into merger of
two carriers, questionable aircraft deals, transfer of
bilaterals and privatisation of Delhi and Mumbai airports
and land scams behind them," AICCA general secretary Sanjay
Lazar said here today.
"We support the pilots` demand for parity of emoluments
in both the carriers, as our cabin crew members in erstwhile
Indian Airlines are being discriminated against, and we demand
enhancement of our emoluments too, along with 80 hrs of
guaranteed flying allowance for all. All the AKA
agreements must also be made binding on them," he said.
However, Lazar said he is against the ongoing strike and
appealed to the pilots to call off their agitation, which
entered the ninth day today, immediately in the interest of
"The airline just cannot afford a strike now," Lazar
told PTI and stressed that their demand is not a strike
threat. "We are against striking work to meet our demands."
"The suspension of the bilateral agreements of crew is
both illegal and unwarranted, and we shall not stand by
silently but take legal recourse to remedy them," Lazar
said, adding that the association was "frustrated" as domestic
crew have not been paid their April salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!