Aircraft parts found in village pond in Beed district
Beed: Parts of a small aircraft which is believed to have crashed 68 years were found in a large pond here in Central Maharashtra.
The aeroplane parts were found in the pond at Rutiiman village under Ashti tehsil of this district during desilting work yesterday, said Sanjay Pawar, the local Tehsildar.
The reservoir, built in around 1938, was a major source of water for the locals. The pond dried up last year due to scanty rainfall and drought-like situation. Hence, the local administration decided to undertake desilting work.
During the work, labourers found a big and 2-3 small parts of what appeared like a plane. The big part looked like the engine of a small aeroplane, may be a two-seater one, Pawar said.
An elderly villager, Raghunath Raut, told visiting mediapersons that they had seen a plane falling into the pond in 1945. There were three eyewitness of to the incident of which Raut is the only one who is alive today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi