Ajay slams BJP`s remarks over Jyotiraditya`s royal lineage
Bhopal: Taking a swipe at the BJP for criticising Union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia over his royal roots, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Sunday said it only reflected the party`s frustration and fear of losing the forthcoming state polls.
The BJP`s statement that royals like Jyotiraditya would make no difference (to Congress` fortunes), only showed its (party`s) frustration and nothing else, Ajay said here.
Scindia was recently appointed chairman of the Madhya Pradesh Congress election campaign committee. The Assembly polls in the state are slated around year end.
Ajay said he found the BJP`s remarks that Congress had no faith in tribals, strange, when state Congress unit president Kantilal Bhuria was himself a tribal.
Congress had performed poorly in Vindhya region in the 2008 Assembly elections. The situation is much better this time and the party may bag 17 to 20 seats from there, the leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred