Ajit Parasnis appointed new Maharashtra DGP
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday appointed Director General (Home Guards) Ajit Parasnis as DGP and additional Director General Arup Patnaik (Highway
Traffic) as Mumbai Police Commissioner.
"Parasnis is the new DGP, while Arup Patnaik will take charge as Mumbai Police Commissioner," Home Minister RR Patil told a news agency.
As the present state police chief D Sivanandan retires today and is reluctant for an extension, the Home Department as appointed 59-year-old Parasnis of 1976 batch to the top job, sources in the department said.
Parasnis is the senior-most IPS officer in the state, followed by K Subramaniam, DG (Anti Corruption) and Pankaj Gupta, Additional DG (Planning and Co-ordination).
Additional Director General Arup Patnaik (Highway Traffic) of 1979 IPS batch will replace Sanjeev Dayal, who is currently holding charge as Mumbai Police Commissioner.
Dayal (1977 batch) was promoted as Director General (Housing), a post which has been lying vacant since the retirement of PP Srivastava a few months ago.
Patnaik, the only IPS recruit of 1979, has had the longest stint in the city among all the senior officers.
His first posting was in Latur after which he was transferred to Jalgaon and Nagpur before being sent to his first city post as the then Zone 6 Deputy Commissioner of
Police. He has worked in the city for several years in different posts, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'