Ajit Pawar clears air over suspension of Maha MLAs
Nagpur: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister
and senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar on Saturday `distanced` himself
from controversy over suspension of nine Shiv Sena-BJP MLAs
saying it was the decision of the House.
"It was a decision of the state Assembly to suspend
them following uproar and disruption during presentation of
the budget," Pawar said at a press conference.
The Deputy Chief Minister said since the House decided
to suspend the MLAs only it can review it.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil on Thursday suspended nine
MLAs-five of Shiv Sena and Four of BJP-for disrupting the
budget presentation by Pawar on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the speaker is likely to hold a meeting of
group leaders of the opposition parties on Monday to review,
if required, the decision of suspension.
Pawar said the opposition members had enough
opportunity to raise certain issues since March 14 when the
session began but they chose the time of budget presentation
when people of entire state were keen to know about the budget
"It looked like they had made `elaborate` preparations
and brought banners and placards, one against UPA chairperson
Sonia Gandhi. What Sonia Gandhi has to do with state assembly,
Pawar, who also holds finance portfolio, said.
Pawar said he would take up the issue with chief
minister for additional funds of Rs. 250 crore needed for
upcoming Cargo Hub project in Nagpur. A provision of Rs 69
crore has been made in the budget for year 2011-12 for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL