Ajit Pawar gets back reins of finance, power departments
Mumbai: Five days after the winter session of the state Legislature ended, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Wednesday assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday approved the notification forwarded by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for handover of the departments to the senior NCP leader.
"Pawar assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios today," an official in the Deputy Chief Minister`s office said.
Pawar had resigned in September as Deputy Chief Minister over allegations of corruption in the irrigation scam, and had also relinquished charge of his departments finance, planning and power.
He made a comeback to power on December 7 after the state government published a white paper on irrigation, and was sworn in two days before the commencement of the winter session of state Legislature at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter