Ajit Pawar gets back reins of finance, power depts
Mumbai: Five days after the winter session of the state Legislature ended, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Wednesday assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday approved the notification forwarded by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for handover of the departments to the senior NCP leader.
"Pawar assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios today," an official in the Deputy Chief Minister`s office said.
Pawar had resigned in September as Deputy Chief Minister over allegations of corruption in the irrigation scam, and had also relinquished charge of his departments - finance, planning and power.
He made a comeback to power on December 7 after the state government published a white paper on irrigation, and was sworn in two days before the commencement of the winter session of state Legislature at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof