Ajit Pawar gets back reins of finance, power depts
Mumbai: Five days after the winter session of the state Legislature ended, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Wednesday assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan on Monday approved the notification forwarded by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan for handover of the departments to the senior NCP leader.
"Pawar assumed charge of the finance and power portfolios today," an official in the Deputy Chief Minister`s office said.
Pawar had resigned in September as Deputy Chief Minister over allegations of corruption in the irrigation scam, and had also relinquished charge of his departments - finance, planning and power.
He made a comeback to power on December 7 after the state government published a white paper on irrigation, and was sworn in two days before the commencement of the winter session of state Legislature at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list