Ajit Pawar refutes allegations of NCP retaining "tainted ministers"
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Tuesday brushed aside criticism that "tainted" ministers have been retained in the reshuffle.
In politics, Opposition levels all kinds of allegations, but until proved legally, they have no meaning, Pawar told reporters here.
"In the UPA government, allegations have been made against ministers and even in 1995, allegations were made against Sharad Pawar," he said.
When asked if the NCP list of ministers has his stamp, Ajit said it is wrong to presume like that.
"I was not aware of the new entrants till late last night. Pawar Saheb informed me last night to forward the names of ministers whose resignations have been accepted and the new list of those to be sworn-in," he said.
No particular MLA is close to me. All decisions are taken by (NCP chief) Sharad Pawar, he said.
Ajit said Madhukar Pichad is the senior most leader in the party who has been reinducted into government while the rest are new faces with one to two terms as MLAs.
When asked about the new state NCP unit president, Ajit said, "Sharad Pawar has asked the ministers to be in government only. I thought R R Patil would be entrusted with the job of state president. But Pawar Saheb is of the view that a fresh young face to lead the party should be chosen. All the decisions including reshuffling portfolios will be taken by him."
Meanwhile, Opposition leaders stayed away from the swearing in ceremony in which five NCP MLAs and one Independent legislator were inducted into the state government by Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan here today as a part of the reshuffle exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre