Ajit Pawar, Sachin Ahir meet CM over Campa Cola issue
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday gave an assurance that his government would look at possible options for giving relief to the flat owners in the Campa Cola Compound here.
NCP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Minister of State for Housing Sachin Ahir today met Chavan over the issue.
Nearly a hundred flat owners in the Compound are set to lose their flats as they were constructed illegally.
Chavan told ministers that if any acceptable options were put forward, the state government was open to making representation in the Supreme Court.
Ahir later told reporters that the issue would now be handled at the state government level in consultation with the municipal corporation.
"Chavan has clarified that an ordinance to save the illegal flats was out of question. There are nearly 3,500 illegal buildings similar as to Campa Cola in the state and hence the ordinance would be a wrong precedent," he said.
But the option of utilising the permissible FSI in the premises for the rehabilitation had not been studied so far, he said, adding that "the decision taken by the government would be uniform and applicable to all similar buildings. It would be in accordance with Development Control Rules. We will come out with a solution within a week."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference