Ajit Pawar should resign: IAC activist Anjali Damania
Mumbai: India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Anjali Damania on Friday took a dig at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his recent controversial "urine to fill dry dams" remark and his role in an irrigation scam in the state, saying there was a need to break his pride and force him to resign.
Damania further said, "For the past 45 years, a project in Kukrikaran has not got over, in spite, new projects were undertaken. We demanded that SIT should be brought to light."
Raising the pitch, she said, "We will also write a letter to the chief justice and demand that a commission of inquiry act should be instituted to probe this scam, we will also request the chief minister to do an in-depth research."
Throwing light on how corruption exists, she said, " First a CAG report was tabled, and then, the money was given to four ministers with maximum amount going to Ajit Pawar`s lap."
Insisting on what she had said earlier she said, "We are saying the same thing over and over again that the NCP is a demon, among others the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party and Shiv Sena all are corrupt. The corruption is across all political lines.
Anjali Damania is fighting for her 30-acres of land in Kondivade village in Karjat taluk that will be submerged when the Kondhane Dam is built. She had bought seven acres of agricultural land in 2007 and sold it in 2011 after getting it changed to non-agricultural.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India