Ajit Pawar should resign: IAC activist Anjali Damania
Mumbai: India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Anjali Damania on Friday took a dig at Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over his recent controversial "urine to fill dry dams" remark and his role in an irrigation scam in the state, saying there was a need to break his pride and force him to resign.
Damania further said, "For the past 45 years, a project in Kukrikaran has not got over, in spite, new projects were undertaken. We demanded that SIT should be brought to light."
Raising the pitch, she said, "We will also write a letter to the chief justice and demand that a commission of inquiry act should be instituted to probe this scam, we will also request the chief minister to do an in-depth research."
Throwing light on how corruption exists, she said, " First a CAG report was tabled, and then, the money was given to four ministers with maximum amount going to Ajit Pawar`s lap."
Insisting on what she had said earlier she said, "We are saying the same thing over and over again that the NCP is a demon, among others the Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party and Shiv Sena all are corrupt. The corruption is across all political lines.
Anjali Damania is fighting for her 30-acres of land in Kondivade village in Karjat taluk that will be submerged when the Kondhane Dam is built. She had bought seven acres of agricultural land in 2007 and sold it in 2011 after getting it changed to non-agricultural.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!