Ajit Pawar takes a dig at Prithviraj Chavan
Pune: In an apparent dig at Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, NCP leader Ajit Pawar on Tuesday said that at times those at the helm should see beyond their own "image" and not hesitate in "bypassing" rules in the interest of the common man.
He however, did not name Chavan, who is considered as stickler of rules in administrative decisions.
"One should not think only of one`s own image but take an initiative to solve the problems of common man. At times, those holding office have to do this bypassing the rules," the former deputy chief minister said at a convention organised by NCP MP and party boss Sharad Pawar`s daughter Supriya Sule.
Asked whether she would like to see Ajit become chief minister after 2014 state Assembly elections, Supriya replied in the affirmative saying, "I love my brother. My blood is thicker than water. We have little time to worry about gossip."
Ajit recently quit amid allegations surrounding him over irregularities in state irrigation projects.
After he stepped down, Ajit embarked on the tour of political stronghold of western Maharashtra launching a veiled attack on Chavan.
Taking an apparent dig at Chavan, Pawar had said that "I give priority to getting work done than protecting my image".
However, Ajit had later clarified saying, "I have not named anyone. I have said that I do not keep work pending and my pace is not tardy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America