Ajit Pawar takes on Opposition over budgetary allocations
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister
Ajit Pawar o n Thursday castigated the Opposition for calling his
maiden budget as "biased".
Replying to the general debate on the state budget in the
Legislative Assembly, Pawar, who is also the Finance Minister,
defended the specific allocations for development works saying
that if not done, the surplus shown in this year`s budget
would have been more than Rs 58 crore.
He rejected the opposition charge that he was biased in
Pawar said this year specific allocations were made for
Social Justice department - Rs 408 crore, Tribal Development -
Rs 498 crore, and Planning Department- Rs 2547 crore.
According to him, it is an established fact that usually
40 per cent of provisions are made for developmental
ministries like Power and Public Works Department (PWD).
"The provisions are not made based on political
affiliations," Pawar said, lashing out at the Opposition for
alleging that the budget was beneficial only to NCP
ministries. Pawar himself is from NCP.
Coming down heavily on the Opposition for disrupting the
presentation of budget, Pawar said it was a deliberate attempt
to stall the budget.
"Posters and banners are not prepared in five to ten
minutes. They contained cartoons of former finance ministers.
The opposition members did not even think that by doing this,
they were insulting the present Speaker, who was once finance
minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Assam flood toll 12, CM makes statement in House
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits
- Modi government to organise 'Bharat Parv' to mark Independence Day
- Girl's hug prank on strangers backfires. See how – Watch