Ajit Pawar warns Gavit of expulsion if daughter joins BJP
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Monday warned Medical Education Minister and NCP leader from Nandurbar, Vijaykumar Gavit of expulsion from the ministry and party if his daughter gets the BJP ticket from the tribal constituency from North Maharashtra.
"If Gavit gets his daughter to contest the Lok Sabha election as a candidate of a communal party like BJP, I will write to the Chief Minister to expel him from the ministry and he will also cease to be in the NCP," Pawar told reporters.
Pawar said he was confident that Gavit will not let him take this extreme step. "Rules have to be followed by everyone," he said.
It is being speculated that Gavit`s daughter Heena is set to be the BJP nominee from Nandurbar, which is currently held by Congress`s Manikrao Gavit for nine consecutive terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30