Ajit Pawar warns Gavit of expulsion if daughter joins BJP
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Monday warned Medical Education Minister and NCP leader from Nandurbar, Vijaykumar Gavit of expulsion from the ministry and party if his daughter gets the BJP ticket from the tribal constituency from North Maharashtra.
"If Gavit gets his daughter to contest the Lok Sabha election as a candidate of a communal party like BJP, I will write to the Chief Minister to expel him from the ministry and he will also cease to be in the NCP," Pawar told reporters.
Pawar said he was confident that Gavit will not let him take this extreme step. "Rules have to be followed by everyone," he said.
It is being speculated that Gavit`s daughter Heena is set to be the BJP nominee from Nandurbar, which is currently held by Congress`s Manikrao Gavit for nine consecutive terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country