Ajit Pawar warns Gavit of expulsion if daughter joins BJP
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar Monday warned Medical Education Minister and NCP leader from Nandurbar, Vijaykumar Gavit of expulsion from the ministry and party if his daughter gets the BJP ticket from the tribal constituency from North Maharashtra.
"If Gavit gets his daughter to contest the Lok Sabha election as a candidate of a communal party like BJP, I will write to the Chief Minister to expel him from the ministry and he will also cease to be in the NCP," Pawar told reporters.
Pawar said he was confident that Gavit will not let him take this extreme step. "Rules have to be followed by everyone," he said.
It is being speculated that Gavit`s daughter Heena is set to be the BJP nominee from Nandurbar, which is currently held by Congress`s Manikrao Gavit for nine consecutive terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon