Ajit Pawar’s resignation won’t affect Cong-NCP ties: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said the resignation of his deputy Ajit Pawar from the state cabinet will not affect the Congress-NCP ties.
"I met Sharad Pawar, Ajit and Praful Patel last night to discuss the issue. The government will work effectively and there will be proper coordination in the government and between both the parties. Congress-NCP ties will remain strong," Chavan said.
He said the state will not have a deputy Chief Minister.
Higher education minister Rajesh Tope has been given charge of the Energy portfolio earlier held by Ajit Pawar, while Rural Development Minister Jayant patil has been handed over the finance department.
Chavan also declined to comment on probe into the allegations of corruption in the irrigation department and on the white paper over the issue, as announced by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan