Ajit Pawar’s resignation won’t affect Cong-NCP ties: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said the resignation of his deputy Ajit Pawar from the state cabinet will not affect the Congress-NCP ties.
"I met Sharad Pawar, Ajit and Praful Patel last night to discuss the issue. The government will work effectively and there will be proper coordination in the government and between both the parties. Congress-NCP ties will remain strong," Chavan said.
He said the state will not have a deputy Chief Minister.
Higher education minister Rajesh Tope has been given charge of the Energy portfolio earlier held by Ajit Pawar, while Rural Development Minister Jayant patil has been handed over the finance department.
Chavan also declined to comment on probe into the allegations of corruption in the irrigation department and on the white paper over the issue, as announced by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender