Ajit Pawar’s resignation won’t affect Cong-NCP ties: Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Saturday said the resignation of his deputy Ajit Pawar from the state cabinet will not affect the Congress-NCP ties.
"I met Sharad Pawar, Ajit and Praful Patel last night to discuss the issue. The government will work effectively and there will be proper coordination in the government and between both the parties. Congress-NCP ties will remain strong," Chavan said.
He said the state will not have a deputy Chief Minister.
Higher education minister Rajesh Tope has been given charge of the Energy portfolio earlier held by Ajit Pawar, while Rural Development Minister Jayant patil has been handed over the finance department.
Chavan also declined to comment on probe into the allegations of corruption in the irrigation department and on the white paper over the issue, as announced by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!