Ajit Pawar’s wife owns flat in Adarsh Society?
Mumbai: NCP strongman and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister got embroiled in a fresh corruption controversy after the Mumbai High Court, Wednesday, asked the CBI to probe allegations that his wife Sunetra may be the benami owner of two flats in the infamous Adarsh Society.
The directive from the High Court came in response to a petition filed by an RTI activist who alleged that Ajit Pawar’s wife may be the actual owner of two flats in Adarsh, as the Pune address of the allottees is same as that of hers.
The flats in question are in the name of a prominent Pune builder’s father and one of his relatives.
As per the rules, anyone buying property in Mumbai has to submit an affidavit with the district collector declaring that he/she owns no property in Mumbai, besides furnishing details about the current address.
The RTI activist found out that summons issued by a Pune court to Sunetra, in connection with another case, was sent to the same address as mentioned by those who got flats in Adarsh.
The High Court has asked the CBI to investigate and submit complete details about the residents/ owner of the Pune address in question.
It is not the first time that Ajit Pawar and his better half’s dealings are under the scanner. On April 22, a Pune court had directed that Pawar and his wife be made respondents in a case of alleged encroachment on a piece of land in Mulshi taluka of the district.
In another case, Ajit Pawar, who is the nephew of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has been accused of favouring a firm and misusing his power in allotting land to it.
His role in the Adarsh Society scam had come under the scanner earlier too after it came to light that one of his aides had been allotted a flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days