Ajit Pawar’s wife owns flat in Adarsh Society?
Mumbai: NCP strongman and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister got embroiled in a fresh corruption controversy after the Mumbai High Court, Wednesday, asked the CBI to probe allegations that his wife Sunetra may be the benami owner of two flats in the infamous Adarsh Society.
The directive from the High Court came in response to a petition filed by an RTI activist who alleged that Ajit Pawar’s wife may be the actual owner of two flats in Adarsh, as the Pune address of the allottees is same as that of hers.
The flats in question are in the name of a prominent Pune builder’s father and one of his relatives.
As per the rules, anyone buying property in Mumbai has to submit an affidavit with the district collector declaring that he/she owns no property in Mumbai, besides furnishing details about the current address.
The RTI activist found out that summons issued by a Pune court to Sunetra, in connection with another case, was sent to the same address as mentioned by those who got flats in Adarsh.
The High Court has asked the CBI to investigate and submit complete details about the residents/ owner of the Pune address in question.
It is not the first time that Ajit Pawar and his better half’s dealings are under the scanner. On April 22, a Pune court had directed that Pawar and his wife be made respondents in a case of alleged encroachment on a piece of land in Mulshi taluka of the district.
In another case, Ajit Pawar, who is the nephew of Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar, has been accused of favouring a firm and misusing his power in allotting land to it.
His role in the Adarsh Society scam had come under the scanner earlier too after it came to light that one of his aides had been allotted a flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border