Alert ATC averts Jet-Indigo collision at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: An Air Traffic Control staff at the
Mumbai airport averted a tragedy this evening by aborting the
takeoff of Jet Airways` Goa-bound flight carrying 158
passengers when another plane was about to touch down.
The ATC asked the Jet pilot to abort the takeoff as an
IndiGo flight was about to land, airport sources said.
"As instructed by the air traffic controllers, Jet flight
from Mumbai to Goa aborted its takeoff uneventfully," a
statement from Jet said.
Later, the Jet flight took off for Goa and landed safely
at the Dabolim airport, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state