Alert ATC averts Jet-Indigo collision at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: An Air Traffic Control staff at the
Mumbai airport averted a tragedy this evening by aborting the
takeoff of Jet Airways` Goa-bound flight carrying 158
passengers when another plane was about to touch down.
The ATC asked the Jet pilot to abort the takeoff as an
IndiGo flight was about to land, airport sources said.
"As instructed by the air traffic controllers, Jet flight
from Mumbai to Goa aborted its takeoff uneventfully," a
statement from Jet said.
Later, the Jet flight took off for Goa and landed safely
at the Dabolim airport, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Nargis Fakhri quitting Bollywood? Here’s the truth
- Oldest evidence of cancer spotted in 1.7 million-year-old fossil
- Deadlock over GST ends: Bill likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha tomorrow
- Anushka Sharma talks about success, failure and more
- Hawaiian Airlines makes another emergency landing in Japan