Alert ATC averts Jet-Indigo collision at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: An Air Traffic Control staff at the
Mumbai airport averted a tragedy this evening by aborting the
takeoff of Jet Airways` Goa-bound flight carrying 158
passengers when another plane was about to touch down.
The ATC asked the Jet pilot to abort the takeoff as an
IndiGo flight was about to land, airport sources said.
"As instructed by the air traffic controllers, Jet flight
from Mumbai to Goa aborted its takeoff uneventfully," a
statement from Jet said.
Later, the Jet flight took off for Goa and landed safely
at the Dabolim airport, the statement added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram