Alert ATC averts Jet-Indigo collision at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: An Air Traffic Control staff at the
Mumbai airport averted a tragedy this evening by aborting the
takeoff of Jet Airways` Goa-bound flight carrying 158
passengers when another plane was about to touch down.
The ATC asked the Jet pilot to abort the takeoff as an
IndiGo flight was about to land, airport sources said.
"As instructed by the air traffic controllers, Jet flight
from Mumbai to Goa aborted its takeoff uneventfully," a
statement from Jet said.
Later, the Jet flight took off for Goa and landed safely
at the Dabolim airport, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued