Alert locals foil kidnap of girl; vendor arrested
Thane: A 20-year-old vendor from Uttar Pradesh, who lifted a one-year-old girl from Kalyan town with an intention to kidnap her was caught red-handed by alert locals, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening when alleged accused Azad Tede Khan was suspiciously moving around Khadegolavali area of the town and spotted the toddler playing near her house. He quietly lifted her while no one was watching, API Ashok Pawar of Kolshewadi police station said.
Finding the child missing, the mother raised an alarm and people in the areas rushed to the spot and caught hold of the accused, who about to flee with the girl.
Khan was later handed over to police at Kolsehwadi and he has been booked under sections 363(a) of the IPC.
On quizzing, the accused told the police that he planned to kidnap the child and push her into begging, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Pakistan court indicts 6 LeJ men in 2009 Sri Lanka team attack case
- Haunting! World renowned pianist performs while floating in Arctic to save environment - Watch video
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit