Alert locals foil kidnap of girl; vendor arrested
Thane: A 20-year-old vendor from Uttar Pradesh, who lifted a one-year-old girl from Kalyan town with an intention to kidnap her was caught red-handed by alert locals, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening when alleged accused Azad Tede Khan was suspiciously moving around Khadegolavali area of the town and spotted the toddler playing near her house. He quietly lifted her while no one was watching, API Ashok Pawar of Kolshewadi police station said.
Finding the child missing, the mother raised an alarm and people in the areas rushed to the spot and caught hold of the accused, who about to flee with the girl.
Khan was later handed over to police at Kolsehwadi and he has been booked under sections 363(a) of the IPC.
On quizzing, the accused told the police that he planned to kidnap the child and push her into begging, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply