Alert locals foil kidnap of girl; vendor arrested
Thane: A 20-year-old vendor from Uttar Pradesh, who lifted a one-year-old girl from Kalyan town with an intention to kidnap her was caught red-handed by alert locals, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last evening when alleged accused Azad Tede Khan was suspiciously moving around Khadegolavali area of the town and spotted the toddler playing near her house. He quietly lifted her while no one was watching, API Ashok Pawar of Kolshewadi police station said.
Finding the child missing, the mother raised an alarm and people in the areas rushed to the spot and caught hold of the accused, who about to flee with the girl.
Khan was later handed over to police at Kolsehwadi and he has been booked under sections 363(a) of the IPC.
On quizzing, the accused told the police that he planned to kidnap the child and push her into begging, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach