Alert train driver averts accident
Amritsar: A major train tragedy was on Thursday
averted when the driver of Nanded-bound Sachkhand Express
stopped the train after noticing that two of its bogies had
"The train`s driver applied emergency breaks after he
noticed jerks in the engine minutes after the train left the
station here," railway officials said.
The train resumed its journey for Nanded in Maharashtra
after the two bogies were detached, they said.
Meanwhile, a high-level committee has been formed to find
out the reasons behind the derailment of the bogies, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter