All Delhi gang-rape accused are Biharis: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Amidst huge outrage over rising rape incidents and crime against women across the country, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Saturday blamed people from Bihar for rising incidents of rapes in India.
Addressing a rally in Mumbai, Raj Thackeray said that while everyone is discussing the Delhi gang-rape incident, nobody is asking where these men came from.
"Everyone is merely talking about the rape. No one is asking who did this. So many cases are slapped against me (for speaking against Biharis) but no one is talking about the fact that all these rapists are from Bihar," he said.
This is not the first time when Raj Thackeray humiliated the people of Bihar. In the past also, the MNS chief was criticised for calling Biharis in Maharashtra as "infiltrators" and ridiculing Chhath Puja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi