All Delhi gang-rape accused are Biharis: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Amidst huge outrage over rising rape incidents and crime against women across the country, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Saturday blamed people from Bihar for rising incidents of rapes in India.
Addressing a rally in Mumbai, Raj Thackeray said that while everyone is discussing the Delhi gang-rape incident, nobody is asking where these men came from.
"Everyone is merely talking about the rape. No one is asking who did this. So many cases are slapped against me (for speaking against Biharis) but no one is talking about the fact that all these rapists are from Bihar," he said.
This is not the first time when Raj Thackeray humiliated the people of Bihar. In the past also, the MNS chief was criticised for calling Biharis in Maharashtra as "infiltrators" and ridiculing Chhath Puja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez