All Delhi gang-rape accused are Biharis: Raj Thackeray
Mumbai: Amidst huge outrage over rising rape incidents and crime against women across the country, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Saturday blamed people from Bihar for rising incidents of rapes in India.
Addressing a rally in Mumbai, Raj Thackeray said that while everyone is discussing the Delhi gang-rape incident, nobody is asking where these men came from.
"Everyone is merely talking about the rape. No one is asking who did this. So many cases are slapped against me (for speaking against Biharis) but no one is talking about the fact that all these rapists are from Bihar," he said.
This is not the first time when Raj Thackeray humiliated the people of Bihar. In the past also, the MNS chief was criticised for calling Biharis in Maharashtra as "infiltrators" and ridiculing Chhath Puja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar