All nine Malegaon blast accused get bail
Mumbai: A MCOCA court here on Saturday granted bail to all nine 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case accused.
The bail was granted after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) today informed the court hearing the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case that it would not oppose the
bail plea of the nine accused facing the charges.
This was stated by prosecutor Rohini Salian to judge Y D
Shinde who took on record a reply filed by NIA on bail
applications filed by all the nine accused.
NIA contended that during further investigation into the
case after the revelation by Swami Aseemanand, arrested in
Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, about the alleged involvement of
a right wing group, it had reviewed the evidence collected by
previous investigating agencies ATS and CBI and also collected
fresh evidence in the form of documentary and oral evidence.
"After due deliberations a decision was taken on the
basis of facts and circumstances not to oppose the bail
applications of all the nine accused who were earlier arrested
and charge sheeted," NIA said.
"However, the NIA would not admit any contentions of the
accused in the bail petitions so far as they relate to the
charge sheet filed by previous investigating agencies, so also
the facts and circumstances which came to light during the
investigation by NIA if they are also traversed by the
accused," it said.
The investigating officer had placed new findings and
circumstances in the form of evidence before the superior
officer for taking a view whether the bail application of the
accused should be opposed in the court or not at this stage.
Further investigations are in progress to collect more
evidence for arriving at a definite conclusion, NIA said.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark