Alliance of BJP, Shiv Sena, RPI meets for first time
Mumbai: A meeting of an alliance of BJP, Shiv Sena and RPI on Tuesday discussed the issue of allotting Rajya Sabha ticket to RPI chief Ramdas Athawale, but left the matter to be decided by senior leaders of these parties.
The first meeting of the co-ordination committee of the alliance `Mahayuti`, however, did not deliberate on seat sharing arrangement for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Leaders from the three parties, including BJP`s state unit president Devendra Fadnavis, Leader of the Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, Shiv Sena group leader Subhash Desai, RPI leaders Avinash Mhatekar and Arjun Dangle, attended the meeting.
"Talks on seat sharing for the Lok Sabha polls did not take place," Tawde told reporters.
He said the issue of allotting Rajya Sabha ticket to RPI chief Ramdas Athawale came up for the discussion.
"The decision on it will be taken at a meeting of senior leaders of all the three parties," he added.
Athawale has been seeking Rajya Sabha seat from Shiv Sena and BJP. RPI has also been demanding three Lok Sabha seats from the saffron combine for the general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical