Alliance of BJP, Shiv Sena, RPI meets for first time
Mumbai: A meeting of an alliance of BJP, Shiv Sena and RPI on Tuesday discussed the issue of allotting Rajya Sabha ticket to RPI chief Ramdas Athawale, but left the matter to be decided by senior leaders of these parties.
The first meeting of the co-ordination committee of the alliance `Mahayuti`, however, did not deliberate on seat sharing arrangement for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Leaders from the three parties, including BJP`s state unit president Devendra Fadnavis, Leader of the Opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde, Shiv Sena group leader Subhash Desai, RPI leaders Avinash Mhatekar and Arjun Dangle, attended the meeting.
"Talks on seat sharing for the Lok Sabha polls did not take place," Tawde told reporters.
He said the issue of allotting Rajya Sabha ticket to RPI chief Ramdas Athawale came up for the discussion.
"The decision on it will be taken at a meeting of senior leaders of all the three parties," he added.
Athawale has been seeking Rajya Sabha seat from Shiv Sena and BJP. RPI has also been demanding three Lok Sabha seats from the saffron combine for the general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog