Ambedkar cartoon row: 4 sent to police custody
Pune: Four persons allegedly involved in the ransacking of the office of former NCERT advisor Suhas Palshikar in the wake of the row over BR Ambedkar`s cartoon have been sent to two days police custody by a court here.
The accused, suspected to be activists of the Republican Panthers Party of India, had damaged furniture in the office of Palshikar in Pune University, who resigned as NCERT advisor following row over cartoon of Ambedkar, on May 12.
Subsequently, police detained - Rahul Khandare, Subhash Telgute, Balaji Tukaram Gaikwad and Sagar Vitthal Gaikwad.
They have been booked for disrupting work and damaging public property.
Public Prosecutor AK Pacharne said Khandare and Telgute are also accused in the controversial Indu Mill land row in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win