Ambernath set to become water mgmt model of Maha
Singapore: Ambernath is set to become
the modern and technology driven water management model of
Maharashtra with the development of system similar to one in
"We have been working on the Ambernath model project
under a two-year old MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with
Singapore`s Public Utilities Board to develop the water system
in the city," Lakshman Dhoble, Maharashtra`s Water Supply and
Sanitation Minister said during the ongoing Singapore
International Water Week which began today.
"Our water loss is improving, averaging 15 per cent in
the city compared with Singapore`s 4 per cent water loss,"
said Dhoble, adding that his ministry was keeping close to the
Singapore pattern of water development and governance.
He said Ambernath model would eventually become a
major state model.
Earlier in his address to the Ministerial Roundtable
at the Asia Pacific Water Ministers` Forum, Dhoble conceded
that Maharashtra was not an exception to water crisis as are
the cases across the world.
But to tackle the water crisis, the state has put in
place several initiatives including the use of the most
advanced technology in managing water resources.
These efforts are being pursued to ensure Maharashtra
achieve 24/7 (24 hours/seven days) water supply to the state,
he assured the ministerial panel.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours