American woman attacked, robbed inside Mumbai local train
Mumbai: An American national was on Sunday attacked and robbed of her mobile phone in the ladies` compartment of a local train here.
The incident took place in the evening between Marine Lines and Charni Road stations of Western Railway when an unidentified man boarded the ladies compartment and tried to snatch the bag of Michelle Mark, a United States national, police said.
When she resisted, he attacked her and after snatching her i-phone he fled.
Other passengers in the compartment took the woman to authorities at Mumbai Central station.
Meanwhile, a senior officer of Government Railway Police alleged that Railway Protection Force (RPF) constable as well as the station master refused to help the woman, who had received minor injuries on hand and face, and asked her to go to GRP office instead.
Under the law, both RPF personnel as well as station master are responsible for offering medical help, the GRP official said, adding that he would be reporting the matter to higher authorities.
A case has been registered against the unidentified man and the woman was discharged from hospital after treatment.
The attacker was suspected to be a drug addict, police said adding, CCTV footage will be checked to ascertain his identity.
On July 26 this year, another woman was attacked inside the ladies compartment near Mahalaxmi station when she resisted a molestation attempt by a man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read