Amit Shah holds meets with BJP Maharashtra, Jharkhand units
New Delhi: Gearing up for coming assembly elections, BJP President Amit Shah on Tuesday held meetings with the party units in poll-bound states of Maharashtra and Jharkhand in a bid to firm up the party`s strategy and asked them to lay the roadmap ahead.
This is Shah`s first important meeting after taking over as party president last week.
Shah was appointed as the new party chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh relinquished his charge on joining the government.
The new party chief told the state units to ensure the party`s victory on the same lines that ensured at the Centre.
Shah said the process of selecting the party candidates in both the states and preparing the party`s strategy for the upcoming polls would be initiated soon.
Maharashtra assembly polls are due later this year while Jharkhand is slated for assembly polls early next year.
BJP is seeking to wrest control of both the states from Congress and other parties in alliance with it. While Congress and NCP are in power in the Maharashtra, JMM along with RJD and Congress is in power in Jharkhand.
Shah will hold similar meetings tomorrow with its Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir units where assembly elections are due later this year and early next year respectively.
Among others who attended the meetings were party general secretary (Organisation) Ramlal, party general secretary J P Nadda, joint secretary (organisation) Saudan Singh and Ram Madhav, a former RSS leader who has been asked by the Sangh to join BJP.
The meeting on Jharkhand was also attended by former state Chief Minister Arjun Munda and state unit president Ravinder Kumar Rai, party`s incharge of the state unit Vinod Pandey and senior state party leader Rajindra Singh.
The meeting relating to Maharashtra was also attended by the party`s incharge of Maharashtra affairs Rajiv Pratap Rudy, the party`s state unit chief Devendra Fadnavis, leader of opposition in Maharashtra Legislative Council Vinod Tawde and senior party leader V Satish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why