Amitabh Bachchan injured outside Bal Thackeray’s residence
Mumbai: Actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek were on late Wednesday injured in the melee outside Matoshree, the residence of ailing Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Amitabh Bachchan was amongst the first to rush to Matoshree to enquire about the health condition of Thackeray, who is in a critical condition and is on life support.
A group, which had become emotional after news about Thackeray`s failing health spread, got agitated when Bachchan urged the crowd to remain calm. The cine star was then injured in the melee that followed.
He said on Twitter: "Yes both Abhishek and me were injured with cuts, but are fine and back home ... the doctors at `Matoshree` attended on us !"
About Bal Thackeray`s health, he said that Thackeray was a fighter and that he needed prayers right now.
He added: "When I fought for my life after `Coolie` accident, he came to visit me in hospital, with a cartoon he had drawn - Yamraj defeated !"
He tweeted saying he wished he could draw that for him now.
(With DNA inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder