Amitabh Bachchan injured outside Bal Thackeray’s residence
Mumbai: Actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek were on late Wednesday injured in the melee outside Matoshree, the residence of ailing Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Amitabh Bachchan was amongst the first to rush to Matoshree to enquire about the health condition of Thackeray, who is in a critical condition and is on life support.
A group, which had become emotional after news about Thackeray`s failing health spread, got agitated when Bachchan urged the crowd to remain calm. The cine star was then injured in the melee that followed.
He said on Twitter: "Yes both Abhishek and me were injured with cuts, but are fine and back home ... the doctors at `Matoshree` attended on us !"
About Bal Thackeray`s health, he said that Thackeray was a fighter and that he needed prayers right now.
He added: "When I fought for my life after `Coolie` accident, he came to visit me in hospital, with a cartoon he had drawn - Yamraj defeated !"
He tweeted saying he wished he could draw that for him now.
(With DNA inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa