Amitabh Bachchan injured outside Bal Thackeray’s residence
Mumbai: Actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek were on late Wednesday injured in the melee outside Matoshree, the residence of ailing Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Amitabh Bachchan was amongst the first to rush to Matoshree to enquire about the health condition of Thackeray, who is in a critical condition and is on life support.
A group, which had become emotional after news about Thackeray`s failing health spread, got agitated when Bachchan urged the crowd to remain calm. The cine star was then injured in the melee that followed.
He said on Twitter: "Yes both Abhishek and me were injured with cuts, but are fine and back home ... the doctors at `Matoshree` attended on us !"
About Bal Thackeray`s health, he said that Thackeray was a fighter and that he needed prayers right now.
He added: "When I fought for my life after `Coolie` accident, he came to visit me in hospital, with a cartoon he had drawn - Yamraj defeated !"
He tweeted saying he wished he could draw that for him now.
(With DNA inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?