Amitabh Bachchan injured outside Bal Thackeray’s residence
Mumbai: Actor Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek were on late Wednesday injured in the melee outside Matoshree, the residence of ailing Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
Amitabh Bachchan was amongst the first to rush to Matoshree to enquire about the health condition of Thackeray, who is in a critical condition and is on life support.
A group, which had become emotional after news about Thackeray`s failing health spread, got agitated when Bachchan urged the crowd to remain calm. The cine star was then injured in the melee that followed.
He said on Twitter: "Yes both Abhishek and me were injured with cuts, but are fine and back home ... the doctors at `Matoshree` attended on us !"
About Bal Thackeray`s health, he said that Thackeray was a fighter and that he needed prayers right now.
He added: "When I fought for my life after `Coolie` accident, he came to visit me in hospital, with a cartoon he had drawn - Yamraj defeated !"
He tweeted saying he wished he could draw that for him now.
(With DNA inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha