AMU delegation faces protest at proposed campus
Malegaon: A high-level delegation, which went
to see the site of the proposed Aligarh Muslim University
(AMU) centre near here in north Maharashtra, had to return
without inspecting the spot due to opposition from local
The delegation, headed by AMU Vice-Chancellor P K Abdul
Azis, consisted of Nashik Collector P Velrasu, NCP MP from
Nashik Sameer Bhujbal, Maharashtra Minority Commission
Secretary Sayyad Hashmi and some members of the UP-based
A piece of land near Kajawade village has been selected
for the AMU`s off campus centre.
The delegation visited Kajawade but following protests
from villagers, it had to go back without seeing the site
yesterday, according to the village sarpanch Pralhad Borse.
The villagers are not ready to part with their
agricultural land for the centre, he said.
The university has already inspected another possible site
for the AMU campus in Aurangabad in central Maharashtra.
The AMU has its centres in Murshidabad in West Bengal and
Mallampuram in Kerala, and plans to have such facilities in
five more states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan