Andaman Express parcel van catches fire
Nagpur: A parcel van of the 16031 Chennai-Jammu Andaman Express caught fire early Friday at Godhni station near here, railway sources said.
The parcel van attached next to engine caught fire and was immediately detached from the train.
Fire tenders from city were rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames.
Later, the train left for destination further, Central Railway, Nagpur division, PRO P D Patil, said, adding no one was injured in the incident.
Railways are investigating the cause of fire, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti
- Performance issues led to my ouster as Flipkart CEO, says Sachin Bansal