Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti received foreign funds: Sena
Shirdi: Senior Shiv Sena leader Ramdas Kadam said here on Wednesday that the Maharashtra government had no moral right to pass the Anti-Superstition Bill.
He said that Maharashtra minister Shivajirao Moghe against whom he had brought a breach of privilege motion earlier had confessed that the Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti formed by assassinated rationalist and activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar had received foreign funding.
"I have some documents proving that the late Dr Dabholkar`s Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (Committee for Eradication of Blind Faith) had received foreign funding, though Dr Dabholkar had written in his book that his organisation had not received any foreign funds," Ramdas Kadam said, talking to reporters here today, during his visit to Shirdi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide