ANiS worker Shah commits suicide
Pune: Jawahar Shah (65), the former president of the Pimpri-Chinchwad unit of Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (ANiS) and a retired teacher of Fatehchand Jain College, committed suicide by hanging himself at his residence in Chinchwad on Tuesday.
Shah took the extreme step when he was alone at his house. The incident came to light when his wife returned from the temple around 11 am and found him hanging from a ceiling fan.
A police team from Chinchwad police station found a suicide note from the spot.
According to the police, Shah was suffering from cancer and also had a cataract problem.
In his suicide note, Shah stated that he was ending his life as he was fed up with his ailments. He had worked for many years as an activist of ANiS, led by late Dr Narendra Dabholkar.
Shah was also associated with the Jain Gujarati Sangh and the Pimpri Chinchwad Jain Mahasangh. The Chinchwad police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued