ANiS worker Shah commits suicide
Pune: Jawahar Shah (65), the former president of the Pimpri-Chinchwad unit of Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (ANiS) and a retired teacher of Fatehchand Jain College, committed suicide by hanging himself at his residence in Chinchwad on Tuesday.
Shah took the extreme step when he was alone at his house. The incident came to light when his wife returned from the temple around 11 am and found him hanging from a ceiling fan.
A police team from Chinchwad police station found a suicide note from the spot.
According to the police, Shah was suffering from cancer and also had a cataract problem.
In his suicide note, Shah stated that he was ending his life as he was fed up with his ailments. He had worked for many years as an activist of ANiS, led by late Dr Narendra Dabholkar.
Shah was also associated with the Jain Gujarati Sangh and the Pimpri Chinchwad Jain Mahasangh. The Chinchwad police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi