ANiS worker Shah commits suicide
Pune: Jawahar Shah (65), the former president of the Pimpri-Chinchwad unit of Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (ANiS) and a retired teacher of Fatehchand Jain College, committed suicide by hanging himself at his residence in Chinchwad on Tuesday.
Shah took the extreme step when he was alone at his house. The incident came to light when his wife returned from the temple around 11 am and found him hanging from a ceiling fan.
A police team from Chinchwad police station found a suicide note from the spot.
According to the police, Shah was suffering from cancer and also had a cataract problem.
In his suicide note, Shah stated that he was ending his life as he was fed up with his ailments. He had worked for many years as an activist of ANiS, led by late Dr Narendra Dabholkar.
Shah was also associated with the Jain Gujarati Sangh and the Pimpri Chinchwad Jain Mahasangh. The Chinchwad police have registered a case of accidental death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened