Anjali Damania detained after protest by AAP at NCP office
Nagpur: Police on Saturday night detained AAP leader and the party`s nominee for Nagpur Lok Sabha constituency, Anjali Damania and about 40 other party workers after they staged a protest at NCP`s office in Ganesh Peth area here.
Damania and AAP workers this evening went to the NCP office here as a part of their state-wide agitation to protest against the corruption.
However, some tension prevailed as NCP and AAP workers almost came to blows. Following this, Damania and about 40 AAP workers were taken to the police station and released immediately, Ganesh Peth police said.
Damania alleged that while the NCP workers were more aggressive, police took action only against her and the AAP workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal