Anna attacks PC, seeks enquiry into 2G allegations
Pune: Renewing his attack on P Chidambaram,
Gandhian Anna Hazare on Saturday demanded an enquiry into
allegations against the Union Home Minister in the 2G spectrum
scam and criticised the Congress for backing him.
"Let there be an enquiry and we will accept its outcome.
But to support him without having an enquiry can send wrong
signals," he told reporters at his native village Ralegan
Hazare also recalled the police action during Yoga Guru
Ramdev`s agitation as well as his own arrest by Delhi police
to prevent him from undertaking a fast in support of a strong
Lokpal Bill at Ramlila Maidan.
"Our experience with Chidambaram is not good. What
heroism is there in ordering a lathi charge on helpless
women at the dead of night? He had also planned to shift me
from Tihar to Pune," he said.
The anti-graft crusader had said yesterday that
Chidambaram would have been in jail had the Jan Lokpal
legislation been enacted.
Earlier, addressing his first public meeting at Ralegan
Siddhi after concluding his 12-day fast in August, Hazare had
described Chidambaram as a "mischievous person who often
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICC rankings: India lose top T20 spot; slip to 4th position in ODIs
- Kanhaiya Kumar questions JNU VC for calling hunger strike 'unlawful', compares self with Bhagat Singh, Gandhi
- Apple loses China trademark case for ''iPhone'' on leather goods
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000