Anna Hazare announces new action plan; not to form party
Mumbai: Following Team Anna`s dissolution, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Thursday announced a new action plan, which includes appealing people to vote for the "right" candidates, instead of forming a political party.
In a statement issued today, Hazare also appealed the youth to ensure a 90-plus percent voting in the elections.
In the appeal, aimed mainly at anti-corruption activists in Maharashtra, Hazare said, "There is no need to form any party or to contest elections, but to provide an alternative to the people.
"Only the people have the power to transform and we have to undertake the work of awakening them," Hazare said, adding that voters should elect right candidates in Assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
Around 4,000 activists from all over the country have come forward for this task, and from Maharashtra, activists with "national and social perspective" are needed, he said.
"One thing that is being felt strongly is if the anti-corruption agitation continues in a limited manner of perusal of complaints and a few people getting justice, then there will be no difference between this movement and a complaint redressal centre," he said.
Hazare proposed action on six points: Voting for "clean" candidates, to press for right to reject, seek more powers for gram sabha, citizens charter, removing delays in official work and bringing police under "the control" of lokpal/lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?