Anna Hazare announces new action plan; not to form party
Mumbai: Following Team Anna`s dissolution, anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Thursday announced a new action plan, which includes appealing people to vote for the "right" candidates, instead of forming a political party.
In a statement issued today, Hazare also appealed the youth to ensure a 90-plus percent voting in the elections.
In the appeal, aimed mainly at anti-corruption activists in Maharashtra, Hazare said, "There is no need to form any party or to contest elections, but to provide an alternative to the people.
"Only the people have the power to transform and we have to undertake the work of awakening them," Hazare said, adding that voters should elect right candidates in Assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
Around 4,000 activists from all over the country have come forward for this task, and from Maharashtra, activists with "national and social perspective" are needed, he said.
"One thing that is being felt strongly is if the anti-corruption agitation continues in a limited manner of perusal of complaints and a few people getting justice, then there will be no difference between this movement and a complaint redressal centre," he said.
Hazare proposed action on six points: Voting for "clean" candidates, to press for right to reject, seek more powers for gram sabha, citizens charter, removing delays in official work and bringing police under "the control" of lokpal/lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!