Anna Hazare to establish 300 "ideal Villages" in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: Noted Gandhian Social Worker Anna Hazare said on Saturday that it is possible to establish ideal villages by roping in villagers through concepts of `Shramdan
Hazare who was here as part of his resolve of converting 300 villages across the State into "Ideal villages" said that he had earlier met the Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in Mumbai and briefed him about his idea to establish 300 ideal villages in the State.
The Chief Minister had suggested him to register a Trust with Pune as its headquarters and assured him of all possible help from the Government.
"I have therefore registered a Public Trust in Pune to achieve the goal of converting 300 villages into ideal villages and for that I have undertaken a statewide tour," he said, adding that he has chosen village Parthad Gole near here for making it into an ideal village.
While elaborating his principle for setting up an ideal village, Hazare said that it should be corruption-free, addiction-free, self-helping and practise cleanliness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed