Anna Hazare to establish 300 "ideal Villages" in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: Noted Gandhian Social Worker Anna Hazare said on Saturday that it is possible to establish ideal villages by roping in villagers through concepts of `Shramdan
Hazare who was here as part of his resolve of converting 300 villages across the State into "Ideal villages" said that he had earlier met the Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in Mumbai and briefed him about his idea to establish 300 ideal villages in the State.
The Chief Minister had suggested him to register a Trust with Pune as its headquarters and assured him of all possible help from the Government.
"I have therefore registered a Public Trust in Pune to achieve the goal of converting 300 villages into ideal villages and for that I have undertaken a statewide tour," he said, adding that he has chosen village Parthad Gole near here for making it into an ideal village.
While elaborating his principle for setting up an ideal village, Hazare said that it should be corruption-free, addiction-free, self-helping and practise cleanliness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market