Anna Hazare to establish 300 "ideal Villages" in Maharashtra
Yavatmal: Noted Gandhian Social Worker Anna Hazare said on Saturday that it is possible to establish ideal villages by roping in villagers through concepts of `Shramdan
Hazare who was here as part of his resolve of converting 300 villages across the State into "Ideal villages" said that he had earlier met the Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in Mumbai and briefed him about his idea to establish 300 ideal villages in the State.
The Chief Minister had suggested him to register a Trust with Pune as its headquarters and assured him of all possible help from the Government.
"I have therefore registered a Public Trust in Pune to achieve the goal of converting 300 villages into ideal villages and for that I have undertaken a statewide tour," he said, adding that he has chosen village Parthad Gole near here for making it into an ideal village.
While elaborating his principle for setting up an ideal village, Hazare said that it should be corruption-free, addiction-free, self-helping and practise cleanliness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read