Anna Hazare voted as Mumbai`s `Hero`
Mumbai: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare was on Thursday chosen as the `Hero of Mumbai` in a spot ballot held here.
The voting which was open for all was held at the Gateway of India this evening.
The exercise known as `Mumbai Ka Hero Kaun` was conducted by the Mumbai unit of India Against Corruption (IAC). A total of 5,181 votes were cast during three hours, IAC media
coordinator Piyush Bhatia said.
Besides the 74-year-old activist, the voters had the option of choosing leaders like Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, NCP chief Sharad
Pawar, MNS president Raj Thackeray and senior BJP leader L K Advani.
However, none of them came close to Hazare who garnered an impressive 4,241 votes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok