Anna Hazare voted as Mumbai`s `Hero`
Mumbai: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare was on Thursday chosen as the `Hero of Mumbai` in a spot ballot held here.
The voting which was open for all was held at the Gateway of India this evening.
The exercise known as `Mumbai Ka Hero Kaun` was conducted by the Mumbai unit of India Against Corruption (IAC). A total of 5,181 votes were cast during three hours, IAC media
coordinator Piyush Bhatia said.
Besides the 74-year-old activist, the voters had the option of choosing leaders like Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, NCP chief Sharad
Pawar, MNS president Raj Thackeray and senior BJP leader L K Advani.
However, none of them came close to Hazare who garnered an impressive 4,241 votes, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players