`Anna Hazare`s movement politically coloured`
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare`s movement is "politically coloured" and it is wrong to credit him for drawing people`s attention towards corruption, a retired judge of the Bombay High Court has alleged.
Instead, the anti-graft crusader should enter politics and fight for eradicating corruption, Justice (retd) Suresh Hosbet said after releasing the book "Anna Hazare Upsurge: A Crticial Appraisal" here yesterday.
The book is a compilation of `critical` articles on Hazare during his agitation for Lokpal Bill last year.
"Corruption is not something that has come just now. Anna`s movement is politically coloured.
They (Team Anna) are not part of politics and therefore they should enter it," the judge said.
He also questioned Hazare`s demand for passing "his version" of Lokpal in Parliament. "How in a democracy can one say that my Bill should be passed and that too without any changes?" he asked.
"Hazare`s movement, which is RSS sponsored, is only aimed at attacking Congress," alleged reformist writer and activist Asghar Ali Engineer, the editor of the book.
There is so much corruption in the BJP. But they do not speak a word on it. It seems that the whole movement is against Congress, he said.
Engineer also alleged that in Hazare`s Ralegan Siddhi village, the dalits were made to live outside the village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference