Anna supports `Bharat Bandh` against petrol price hike
Nashik: Even as corruption and inflation have made life difficult for common man, the government`s decision to hike petrol prices has only added fuel to fire, anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare said.
"My activists will support the `Bharat Bandh` called by the BJP and Left parties on May 30 to protest petrol price hike," Hazare said while addressing a public meeting here last night.
He criticised the UPA government for burdening the common man with price hikes while they were celebrating their third anniversary of being in power.
"If the government does not pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, I will begin my fast unto death at New Delhi," he said.
When reporters quizzed him about his health and would be take up fasting during ill-health also, Hazare said, "I am totally fit."
The social worker urged the youth to participate in his fight against corruption.
The youngsters brought about revolutionary changes in Vietnam, Indonesia and Japan. The youth are coming together in the country to fight for a corruption-free India. The country is going ahead towards a new revolution by following the path of non-violence.
Hazare has been on a month-long tour of the state on the Lokayukta Bill issue from May 1.
On Wednesday, the anti-corruption crusader underwent several medical tests at local hospitals here, after he complained of fatigue and weakness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users