Anna`s `5-star fast` a political rape: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray has
dubbed as political rape Anna Hazare`s "5-star, corporate
hunger strike for trivial causes" and dismissed Team Anna
members as a bunch of "worthless" persons.
In an interview in party mouthpiece `Saamana`, he hit out
at Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia but did not
name Anna Hazare. "There are differences between them (Team
Anna). They are all worthless .... Kejriwal, Bedi, Sisodia.
All are worthless," he said.
The Sena chief also ridiculed Hazare`s "five-star,
corporate" hunger strike agitation, saying the hunger strikes
were for trivial causes. "This is nothing but a political
rape," he said.
Does the country really need the Lokpal bill, he asked.
He accused Team Anna members of "cheating" the government.
The Shanti Bhushan episode - the former Union minister
allegedly evaded stamp duty to the tune of Rs 1.35 crore in
the purchase of a prime property - was a case in point, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'